Saturday, May 7, 2011

Change of Plans

After my last trip to the Eastern Shore, I've been itchin' to get back out there in search of the big reds.  Knowing that I won't be able to go during Mother's Day weekend, I took Friday off, and headed down Thursday night.  I stopped at the HRBT around 10:30pm for a little lightline action and caught croaker, hickory shad, dink flounder and about 15 schoolie stripers ranging from 19" to 25".  I told myself I was only going to stay a couple of hours so I could get to the Eastern Shore and rest up before getting up early the next day.  The wind was stronger than the forecast called for, but I still couldn't leave the biting stripers until 3:30am.  The unpredictable Spring Winds were also stronger than anticipated the following day as well.  Rather than the 9-12 kts they said it would be, it was 15-20 kts.  Not fun.  Kevin, Damien and I looked for the big stripers and reds with no luck.  A change of plans brought some flounder up to 20"

I'm glad I at least got on the flounder, but I'm jealous of those who are able to fish this weekend.  I desperately want to find more bull reds and with the wind supposedly being minimal, those who go this weekend should have a good chance at them.   My wife deserves a good Mother's Day weekend, so that is what I must focus on.  The end.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there...Let mom have her day.
    Great flounder pic Rob.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.